adsense

Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Wall of Water That Borders the United States and Canada - Niagara Falls State Park

The falls New York side from Maid of the Mist.
ADVENTURE #1
Niagara Falls State Park, New York

I had always heard of the Niagara Falls when growing up. It was a place spoke of on T.V., films and in conversation. I realized that it was an incredible place that nature had created for our marvel. What I didn't realize was that the falls would utterly leave me awe-struck.

I visited the park on a Summer day in mid July when the weather was ideal. I was reminded more than once by park rangers, that I was experiencing the falls on a perfect day and I couldn't disagree.

Upon arrival to the park, I was pleasantly surprised at the admission price to ride the "Maid of the Mist". The cost, less than $20, included the ride up to the falls and through the mist. Upon return from the boat ride you can choose to hike up to the side of the falls and get thoroughly drenched. The elevator structure also has two wonderful viewing decks and all is included in the admission price.

The Niagara Falls State Park is the oldest state park in the United States and it represents very well. You will find a variety of trails, seating areas and shops. Plan a very long day or two if you have the time. The park is open year around, but the "Maid of the Mist" closes each season in early November.

The bridge that spans from New York to Canada
If you have your passport plan to travel across to the Canadian side. The Canadian side offers more than views from another angle. The Canadian side has a wonderful city with hotels, restaurants and historic buildings.

My adventure to Niagara Falls was certainly worth the drive. I hate the cold, but for some reason I want to see these marvelous falls frozen. It would be like a huge frozen cocktail.

http://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/

©Fanshaw 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment